Work With Us: Summer Camp Education Assistants
Arlington Arts Center is looking for two qualified Education Assistants for our upcoming summer camp season running from June 27 through August 26. We are looking for candidates interested in working on-site at AAC. The education assistants will either be scheduled for the morning or afternoon sessions (8:45-1:45pm or 12:15-5:15pm).
About the position:
- This is a seasonal position for summer 2022, from June 27 through August 26
- You will be aiding in camp transitions, working one on one with students as well as hands on in the classroom helping the camp instructor in prep, clean-up, classroom management, escorting students to/from the restroom, and other tasks as assigned.
- Education Assistants will be working with ages 5-10.
- This is a contracted position that receives $15/hour. Education Assistants will be expected to be on-site Monday-Friday for 5 hours a day between the hours of 8:45-1:45pm or 12:15-5:15pm.
- An ideal candidate will be able to work with us the entire 9 weeks of summer.
An ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of experience with children. Preference will be given to candidates who have studied or are studying elementary education and/or studio arts on a college or university level
- An interest in arts and elementary education
- The employee is required to stand for long periods of time, should possess the ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- CPR certification required (Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED). If you are not already certified, AAC will work with you to get certification
Arlington Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. AAC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Request reasonable accommodation by contacting AAC.
For best consideration, please apply by May 30.