The Painted Landscape: Oil Workshop
Join instructor Emily Sullivan in a 3-part workshop to learn the fundamentals of landscape painting. We will begin by learning about and practicing with oil paints, and then work to depict a variety of nature scenes. We will work from student-provided photographs, and en plein air (weather permitting). Additionally, will learn about landscape painters throughout history, as well as contemporary depictions of landscape. No prior painting or oil paint experience necessary.
Saturdays / March 2 – 16 / 1:00 – 4:00pm / 3 Sessions
- This class is a workshop and will meet three times.
- Supplies are included in the cost of this class. Students will leave the class with an oil painting kit.
- This is an in-person workshop that will be held onsite at MoCA Arlington.
- Health & Safety: The health & safety of our students is very important to us. We ask that if you are experiencing cold and flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, and congestion) that you kindly wear a mask. MoCA Arlington can provide you with a medical mask if needed. If you are feeling unwell with worsening symptoms, we ask that you stay home.
- Registration for this multi-session workshop can be completed on Eventbrite.