Meditations in Mixed Media
You don’t need to be a yogi for this meditation class! Meditation & Mixed Media is a perfect opportunity for anyone who is interested in making art within a supportive and nurturing environment where process is paramount. Rather than focusing on the finished product, students will be guided to engage their senses, respond to their environments, and indulge in intuitive mark-making that doesn’t need to be a masterpiece to be completely worthwhile. Each class will start with a short meditation or prompt, which can serve as a starting point for continued exploration through a variety of mediums, such as painting, drawing, and cut paper. The artworks made in this class may either be considered complete at the end of each week, or they can be revisited and transformed over multiple sessions.
Tuesdays | 6:30-8:30 | July 11 – August 29 | 8 sessions
Olivia Tripp Morrow
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at MoCA Arlington.
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class, one week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- MoCA Arlington requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated. Please submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals 18+ must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Masks are encouraged, but are not required in this class.
Why is MoCA Arlington continuing these protocols?
We have vulnerable folks in our community and we want to ensure that students with disabilities and or immune compromised students feel comfortable and welcome attending our programs. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe!