Summer Camps: Ages 8-10
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
We are looking forward to a creative, fun, and safe summer at Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington! Campers will go on an artistic journey and explore the visual arts through exciting projects in 2D and 3D media while learning about new and different artistic techniques and contemporary artists working in the world today!
MoCA’s camps will be offered either at MoCA Arlington or Marymount University’s main campus. Campers at MoCA may even get the chance to tour the museum’s galleries and create works inspired by what they see. Campers at Marymount University will get to create art in the collegiate fine art and ceramic studios.
Camps are offered for ages 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, and 14-18.
*PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR CAMPS*
- MoCA provides complimentary Before & After Care for ONLY ONSITE CAMPS at MoCA. Before Care begins at 9am for students enrolled in morning camps. After Care ends at 5pm for students enrolled in afternoon camps.
- Supervised lunch break is available for students enrolled in *both* morning and afternoon camps onsite at MoCA and at Marymount. Students participating in MoCA’s supervised lunch must bring their own nut-free bagged lunch. We will have lunch outside when weather permits.
- Students participating in classes and camps must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination. Individuals ages 18+ are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after they’ve received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine (if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine). Individuals between the ages of 5-17 will not be required to provide proof of a booster dose but will need to provide proof of the two initial doses.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival and students will be asked to use hand sanitizer before joining class.
- Staff and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times. Students are highly encouraged to wear masks.
- Students who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, including cough, fever, sore throat, and congestion, should stay home.
- Covid protocols are subject to change.
- Supplies are included in the cost of all children and teen classes and camps.
- The cost of each week-long, half-day camp is $270.
- The cost of each two-week, half-day ceramics camp is $640.