My First Portfolio (Ages 3-4)
This is a special offering for young children and their caregivers. Children, along with their moms, dads, grandparents, or nannies, will participate in a formative creative experience that develops cognitive, sensory, and motor skills. Together, you’ll experiment with diverse materials and processes while enjoying a unique and artistic bonding experience. Caregivers will be active in each class, helping children to realize their own budding artistic vision.
No art experience is necessary for children or caregivers. Just come with an open mind and get ready to be engaged! This is also a great way to help prepare young children for more formal educational settings.
There will be a balance of keepsake artwork—pieces that the child and caregiver create together that you’ll want to hold onto for many years to come—and process-oriented exercises, allowing children to freely explore materials and techniques. Lessons will incorporate art themes and children’s literature, so caregivers can find both creative and intellectual value in the course.
Thursdays / 10:00am – 11:00am / April 20 – June 8
- MOCA Arlington can only accommodate one caregiver per child. We know you and your little one need plenty of elbow room to work and appreciate your understanding.
- MOCA Arlington requires all students and care-giver participants taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated.* Please submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals 18+ must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Care-giver participants and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times. Masks are strongly encouraged for kids in this age group.
- Supplies are included in the cost of this class.
Why is MoCA Arlington continuing these protocols?
We have vulnerable folks in our community and we want to ensure that students with disabilities and or immune compromised students feel comfortable and welcome attending our programs. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe!Register