Drawing & Painting: The Figure
Beginning, returning, and advanced students are welcome to explore drawing and painting in this course where we’ll capture the spirit and vitality of the human form. Activities will include quick gesture poses and contour drawings. As we become familiar with the nuances of the figure’s line and form, we will work toward longer poses. To create lively and expressive drawings and paintings, we will use materials including graphite, charcoal, and acrylic paint. This course places an emphasis on ways of seeing and capturing the essence of the human form over mathematical lessons on proportion.
Tuesdays / 6:30-8:30pm / January 24 – March 13, 2023
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class, one week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at MOCA Arlington.
- MOCA Arlington requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated. Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals 18+ must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Why is MoCA Arlington continuing these protocols? We have vulnerable folks in our community and we want to ensure that students with disabilities and or immune compromised students feel comfortable and welcome attending our programs. Thank you for helping to keep our classes accessible and our community safe!