Drawing: Capturing The Figure
All students with an interest in the human form are welcome to join this figure drawing atelier. Conceived to be a fluid studio session with different poses, students will be able to study and draw from a live model using a variety of gestures and materials, including graphite, charcoal, and pastels. We will practice how to see and capture the form for fast and long poses, with lively, expressive, illustrative, and detailed drawings of the figure.
Thursdays / 6:30-8:30pm / January 26 – March 23, 2023
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class, one week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at MOCA Arlington.
- MOCA Arlington requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated. Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals 18+ must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Why is MoCA Arlington continuing these protocols? We have vulnerable folks in our community and we want to ensure that students with disabilities and or immune compromised students feel comfortable and welcome attending our programs. Thank you for helping to keep our classes accessible and our community safe!
- *Class will not be held March 16.