Art Journal Joy
Keeping an art journal is a wonderful way to explore new creative directions and at the same time record what you have learned for future reference. In this class, instructor Jennifer Wilkin Penick will lead you through creating your own simply-bound art journals, which you will then use to explore mixed media creative prompts each week. With an emphasis on experimentation, trying new things, and finding your own creative voice, this class aims to give you confidence while helping you see art-making as a joyful and relaxing creative practice. No prior experience needed.
Fridays / 10:00am-12:00pm / January 13 – February 3, 2023
Jennifer Wilkin Penick
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class, one week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at MOCA Arlington.
- MOCA Arlington requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated. Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals 18+ must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Why is MoCA Arlington continuing these protocols? We have vulnerable folks in our community and we want to ensure that students with disabilities and or immune compromised students feel comfortable and welcome attending our programs. Thank you for helping to keep our classes accessible and our community safe!