Creative Mending: Sashiko Workshop
Are you interested in learning how to mend old, tattered clothes? In this workshop, we will learn how to uniquely mend and patch ripped clothes using basic patchworking and stitching skills in reference to Sashiko and Boro mending techniques, a traditional Japanese style of mending which translates to “little stitches” and “a piece of dirty, torn fabric”. All clothes can be used to mend in the workshop, including pants, jeans, tshirts, dress shirts, and jackets. We will not be covering darning or other mending techniques for sweaters or knit fabrics.
Sunday / 1:00-3:00pm / November 13, 2022
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class, one week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at MoCA Arlington.
- MoCA Arlington requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated.* Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals 18+ must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.