Gel Plate Printing Extravaganza Workshop with Jennifer Wilkin Penick
Roll up your sleeves and join Jennifer Wilkin Penick for a gel plate printing extravaganza using an amazing array of materials. In this 2-hour printmaking workshop, she will go over the basics of making gorgeous textured and layered prints using your gel plate, followed by a printing session using commercial stencils (provided by instructor), handmade stencils & masks, and recycled materials. You will leave the workshop with new ideas of how to use your gel plate, as well as a stack of colorful, gorgeous printed paper, perfect for using in collages or other mixed media artwork. This workshop is for all levels, and requires just four things: a gel plate 5″x7″ or larger, a brayer/roller, some acrylic paint, and paper.
Sunday, July 24, 2022 / 2:00 – 4:00pm
Jennifer Wilkin Penick
- This is an in-person workshop that will be held onsite at AAC.
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class. You will receive your supply list via email a week before class begins.
- AAC requires all adult students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated. Please submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com prior to the start of class.
- PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times
- Advanced registration required.