Form & Value: Drawing Exploration (Ages 14-18)
In this course, we’ll work from observation using a variety of materials to explore the challenges common to representational and abstract art. The class will learn about linear perspective, exploring 1, 2, and 3-point perspective. Students will observe and work from still lives to explore value, light, texture, and color. This course provides opportunities to study forms and work with tools, techniques, and subject matter associated with the medium of drawing throughout art history.
$250.00 (includes supplies)
Tuesdays / 4:30-6:00pm / April 19 – June 7, 2022
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at AAC.
- AAC requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated.* Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- *Update: Masks must be worn by staff, instructors, students, and parents at all times.
**As covid cases creep back up, at the recommendation of the Virginia health department we have decided to reinstate the mask policy for our in-person classes: CDC recommends that you wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of vaccination status or individual risk (including in K-12 schools and other community settings)
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival and students will be asked to use hand sanitizer before joining class.
- Supplies are included in the cost of this course.
- Advanced registration required.