Experimental Painting: The Creative Process
Art can be exploratory and fun, so why not approach it as play? In art making and other fields, play can be a vital tool for experimentation and innovation. Beginning students will gain confidence as they work through experimental painting exercises, while more advanced students will be challenged to do something new. In this acrylic painting course, problem solving, spontaneity, chance, and unique materials will direct artistic processes, yielding interesting and complex works of art. Esteemed instructor Stephanie Lane has a soft spot for expressive painting and mixed media, so we’ll spend time exploring these approaches as well.
All skill levels are welcome to explore representational and/or abstract painting in this relaxed, supportive class. Our instructor will offer one-on-one instruction, and lead informal discussions to create a learning environment where knowledge and skills are shared by all participants. New and returning students are welcome!
Wednesdays / 6:30-8:30pm / April 20 – June 8, 2022
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class. One week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at AAC.
- AAC requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated.* Please submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Advanced registration required.