Drawing & Painting: The Figure
Are you interested in figure drawing, but worry it’s too challenging? This course is intended to put those feelings at ease. Beginning, returning, and advanced students are welcome to explore drawing and painting in this course focused on capturing the spirit and vitality of the figure. Activities will include quick gesture poses and contour drawings. As we become familiar with the nuances of the figure’s line and form, we will work toward longer poses. To create lively and expressive drawings and paintings, we will use materials including graphite, charcoal, and acrylic paint.
Students will draw and paint from a clothed or nude figure model during this class. We will not approach the human form with mathematical lessons on proportion. Instead, we’ll emphasize ways of seeing and guide you through exercises designed to help you capture the essence of the remarkable human form.
Tuesdays / 6:30-8:30pm / April 19 – June 7, 2022
- Model fees are included in the cost of this class.
- Supplies are not included in the cost of this class. One week prior to the class start date, a supply list will be emailed to all students.
- This is an in-person class that will be held onsite at AAC.
- AAC requires all students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated.* Please submit proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of class.
- *PLEASE NOTE: to be considered fully vaccinated under the new guidelines, individuals must have received a booster in addition to the two initial doses of vaccine, if it has been more than six months since they received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or if it has been more than two months since receiving the J&J vaccine.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Advanced registration required.