Experimental Painting: Modern and Contemporary Artists
Do you marvel at artwork and wonder how artists do what they do? Each week in this course we will focus on modern or contemporary artists living and working today and create work that employs techniques and themes inspired by these artists. This class is 20% modern art history and 80% process exploration. You will explore processes and media while making personal work that speaks about you. All levels are welcome in this supportive environment. Bring your materials as well as your curiosity and willingness to explore!
Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pm. October 5 – November 2, 2021.
- This is an in-person class that will be held in a large studio space where students will be properly distanced.
- You will receive your supply list via email a week before class begins (materials can be purchased online or in local store).
- AAC requires all adult students taking in-person classes to be fully vaccinated. Students must submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com in the form of a scan of your vaccination card three business days prior to the start of class.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Advance registration is required.